For those who prefer a tablet, including the Amazon Fire tablet, over a laptop, it is wise to invest in a case to protect it. A case can protect your Amazon Fire from drops, water, cracks, scratches, smudges, and other everyday wear and tear. Some people also like the aesthetic and personal touches a case can provide, whether it’s sleek and modern-looking or colorful and patterned. When it comes to selecting a case, there are plenty of quality choices specifically built to house your Amazon Fire 7. Here are some we recommend.
What to Look for in an Amazon Fire 7 Case
When looking for a case for your device, here’s what you should consider:
- Protection: Are you more concerned about protecting your Amazon Fire from drops and falls or against the elements? Some cases will cover all your bases while others focus specifically on one area of protection. Some come with a thin film to protect the screen from smudging and scratching, so keep an eye out for this feature before purchasing if that’s a feature you’re interested in.
- Size: Amazon Fire tablets vary in size depending on which version or generation you own, so you’ll want to make sure your case is listed as one that fits an Amazon Fire 7.
- Child-Friendly: These days more kids than ever have their own tablets, so if you’re shopping for your little one rather than yourself, there are a good number of child-specific tablet cases out there. These tend to come in lots of fun shapes and colors so you should be able to find something that will appeal to your child’s preferences.
- Material: You can find tablet cases in several materials including plastic, leather, and cloth. Each type of material offers its own level of protection, portability, design, and additional features so you’ll want to pick your material depending on your primary needs.
- Portability: If travel often with your Amazon Fire 7, a thinner and lighter case that’s easier to carry and doesn’t take up much space in your luggage might be best suited to your needs. If you plan to use it mainly in the comfort of your own home, something sturdier and bulkier might be the way to go.
Most Durable: Boskin Heavy Duty Case For Amazon Fire 7
This is a case designed specifically to hold and protect the Amazon Fire 7. The PC frame is made of hard, eco-friendly material with an airbag design around the corners to protect your tablet from falls, while the TPU interior is soft and cradles your device without fear of scratching or damaging it. The case is also shockproof and has an anti-slip grip around the whole exterior to reduce the risk of dropping your Amazon Fire by mistake. The kickstand for the tablet on landscape mode is great for hands-free use, like pulling up a recipe while cooking or watching a video. Options are available with six different colored accents to best suit your style.
Best Features: ProCase Folding Protective Cover
Here’s a classic and luxurious leather tablet case that’s great for use at home, in the office, and at school, and is designed exclusively to fit the Amazon Fire 7. The premium synthetic leather exterior and softer interior will protect your tablet from daily wear and tear while granting easy access to all your device’s buttons, cameras, and other features. Available in four stylish colors, this case supports the auto/wake function; simply close the flap to send your tablet into sleep mode to save battery, and it will awaken just as quickly when you open the flap again. It comes with a built-in pocket and penholder to keep your stylus right at hand and hold several personal items like cash and credit cards. The multiple stand slots also allow you to position your tablet at three different possible angles so you can adjust it according to your needs at any given moment.
Best for Kids: Amazon Kid-Proof Case for Fire 7
Here’s a tablet case that is cute, sturdy, and easy for your little one to use. The case is lightweight enough for your child to carry without issue but strong enough to protect your Amazon Fire from accidental drops and bumps. The material is shockproof as well. Installing your tablet is easy, yet you won’t need to worry about your toddler popping it open by mistake. Access to all the buttons, ports, and the camera is quick and easy, and the adjustable stand means your kid has the choice of holding the tablet in their hands or standing it up in front of them.
Most Color Options: Dadanism Amazon Kindle Fire 7 Tablet Case
If you prefer a portable and lightweight case for your tablet, you can’t go wrong with this slender, stylish option. Available in ten different designs, from bright floral patterns to subtle colors like rose gold or mint green, the synthetic, translucent material will look great no matter which option you choose. The case weighs less than 4 ounces for easy transportation and is soft and flexible to the touch. Don’t let the slim fit and near-weightlessness fool you, however, as it still offers anti-scratch, anti-smudge, and shockproof protection. Precise cutouts offer easy access to the charging port and all the controls and features. Open and close the lid to put your tablet to sleep or wake it up with one fluid motion, to save your battery and ensure better performance. The small foldable stand allows you to rest your Amazon Fire at two different angles, one optimal for viewing and one optimal for typing.